Instagram, like other famous apps like YouTube and Facebook, save some of your data to offer you a much more personalized experience, although sometimes we might want to delete our search history on Instagram to maintain privacy, especially if we are on a public terminal.
The process to do it both on PC and mobile is quite simple, but so you don’t get lost, we have composed a small guide on how to delete Instagram history step by step.
Using a Mobile Phone
This method is valid for both Android and iOS terminals, however, keep in mind that it may vary a bit where the option to delete your Instagram history is located depending on the version of your operating system:
- Enter your Instagram app and click on your profile picture on the top right.
- Open the menu by clicking on the three horizontal bars.
- Go to Settings > Security > Search history > Clear everything.
- Confirm by pressing again on « delete all «.
- By doing so, all the searches you have done on Instagram as well as the suggestions will disappear.
Using a PC
There are hardly any differences in doing it from the computer, specifically the steps are as follows:
- Go to the official Instagram website
- Click on your profile picture, it usually appears in the upper right corner.
- Follow the path Settings > Privacy and security > View account data > See all > Clear search history.
- Confirm by clicking on « continue «.
- After this you will no longer see your searches, although the suggestions will continue to appear once you re-enter your Instagram and do a search, so if you want your history to remain clean you will have to repeat the process every time you enter.
What is the use of deleting Instagram history?
In addition to the privacy involved, there are different reasons why you want to keep your history clean:
- You will be able to find new suggestions in your searches. Since Instagram doesn’t remember what you searched for, you won’t always see the same thing.
- You will no longer have the keywords that you had saved, so related posts will no longer appear at the beginning.
- The same happens with the hashtags on Instagram, although if you do it from the PC, keep in mind that from the mobile they may not be deleted, so it is always better to check by looking at your device.
- Keep in mind that this history is automatically deleted from Instagram from time to time, so you don’t need to be overly obsessed with it either.