Taking into account the many reasons why you need to take a break from your social life; Today we have created the best tutorial to temporarily deactivate Facebook, so that you can temporarily get away from social networks, but without losing all the important information you may have on the platform.
How can you temporarily disable Facebook Account?
Fortunately, for users, Facebook offers the option to temporarily deactivate your account from its smartphone or PC app. However, to achieve this, it is necessary to know the proper steps for the task, and below you will learn the two methods necessary to achieve it.
It should be noted that by deactivating Facebook, your friends and other users of the social network will not be able to view your profile or your publications; to resume your activity on the platform you will only need to start the section again and you will be able to continue with your activities within Facebook as usual.
Deactivating Via Your Computer
To temporarily deactivate Facebook with the PC, you will only need to correctly follow all the steps that we will indicate below:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the “account” icon represented as an arrow located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Settings and privacy” section.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Select the “Your Facebook Information” option located on the left sidebar of the screen.
- In the list of options offered by the Facebook information area, you must click on: Deactivation and elimination.
- Make sure you have the “Deactivate account” box selected to continually click on “Continue with account deactivation”.
- Add your Facebook account password to continue.
- Explain the reasons why you will take a break from the platform and finish the process by clicking “Deactivate”.
Deactivating Via Your Smartphone
Deactivating a Facebook account through a smartphone is very simple. Unlike the method carried out by computer, this usually varies in the number of steps to follow, however, the process is just as effective and fast. Just follow the steps below to achieve it:
- Sign in to your account through the Facebook app.
- Click on the icon of the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of the screen.
- Select the option from: Settings and privacy > Settings > Personal and account information > Account ownership and control > Account deactivation and deletion.
- Now choose the box of your choice, in this case: Deactivate account > Go to account deactivation.
- Then type the security password of your Facebook account.
- Explain to the Facebook server the reason for your decision and click “Continue”.
- Facebook will provide you with a series of personal settings that you must provide according to your interests.
- Finish the process by clicking “Continue”.
What will happen to my Facebook account once it has been deactivated?
Deactivating Facebook brings with it a series of changes visible to other users and contacts added to your personal account. Among the most notorious are:
- No Facebook user will be able to enter or find your Facebook profile.
- If you sent or send messages, even when your account is deactivated, your messages will be reflected in the chat.
- Your profile picture will not be visible in the chat; in case of deactivating the account and Messenger as well.
- Posts made in Facebook groups will continue to be visible to the administrators of those spaces.
- If you are an administrator of a particular page, this will also be disabled.
Considering the above aspects, we suggest re-evaluating the decision before temporarily disabling Facebook. Since, for example, if your profile is associated with a highly popular Fanpage, it could also be inactive.